[Clug-work] UCT Faculty of Commerce: IT Webmaster position
Rethea.Deetlefs at uct.ac.za
Thu Mar 12 09:56:55 SAST 2009
Faculty of Commerce
We are seeking an experienced person, with initiative to create,
maintain and promote the Commerce Faculty websites.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
· Maintaining existing web sites to ensure they remain vibrant
and in touch with the competitive commercial market.
· Creating, promoting and maintaining current web sites.
· Actively promoting web services offered by Commerce I.T. to
staff and students of the Commerce Faculty.
· Security - The incumbent must ensure the security of the web
server by using password security checks and regular review of
unauthorised attempts, and ensuring sensitive data on the Commerce Web
remains secure and protected.
· Liaison with the University's Communications Department to
ensure the relevance of information concerning the Commerce Faculty.
· Research new technologies and methods to improve the Commerce
· Manage projects to ensure that the above responsibilities are
completed on time and within budget.
· Tertiary qualification: Degree in Computer Science or
relevant Diploma in Computer Programming
· 3 - 5 Years experience in Web design and application
· The incumbent must have a working knowledge of the following
in order of importance:
o Databases (SQL and MySQL)
o Development Packages (Visual Studio.NET 2005)
· The incumbent will have an added advantage if knowledgeable
in the following:
o Operating systems (Windows XP/Vista and Windows Server
o Databases (Microsoft Access 2007)
· Have good inter-personal skills and be able to communicate
well with a cross-section of UCT staff
· Be a team player and be able to work accurately with speed
and attention to detail.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarise themselves with UCT's
transformation policies and initiatives which can be accessed on
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/intro/transformation/, and to reflect upon
their own eventual role in transformation in the Faculty of Commerce.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits for 2009, is
negotiable in the range of R192 966 – R237 885.
Please send/email • a letter of motivation •a maximum 4-page CV (no
certificates) •a 1-page condensed CV •the names, email and telephone
details of 2 contactable referees to: Mrs T Moore, Staff Recruitment &
Selection, (Ref: 1949), University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7701 by 9th
•Email: Tracy.Moore at uct.ac.za•Telephone: 021 650 2192 • website:
www.commerce.uct.ac.za ( http://www.commerce.uct.ac.za/ )
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an
interview, where they will be required, as part of the interview
process, to give a 10-minute electronic presentation on web sites they
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress.
Our Employment Equity Policy is available at
More information about the clug-work