[Clug-work] Senior Linux System Administrator Wanted
andy.higgins at bidorbuy.co.za
Wed Mar 12 16:56:16 SAST 2008
We at bidorbuy.co.za are looking for a Senior System Administrator (ideally
with some Oracle experience). For the right person we would be willing to
offer a fairly generous package as this is a key position within our group
of companies. Please have a look at the spec below and respond if you know
of any one who may be interested.
bidorbuy (Pty) Ltd
Email: andy.higgins at bidorbuy.co.za
Tel: +27 11 259 1122
Direct: +27 11 259 1029
Fax: +27 11 259 1179
Senior Linux System Administrator and Database Administrator
bidorbuy.co.za is looking to employ a full-time Senior Linux System
Administrator and Database Administrator in order to assist us in managing
our growing network of computers.
You should have an inclination towards Linux based system administration but
be prepared to use whatever tool is best for the job (and yes that may
involve Microsoft products if the task at hand requires).
- Implement best practice for the management and administration of
bidorbuy's group company production servers.
- Have experience in the administration of Oracle and Mysql databases.
- Monitor the company's live production systems and more importantly ensure
that pre-emptive measures are functioning correctly to ensure as far as
possible there is never any down time.
- You will be required to gain a complete understanding of all bidorbuy's
technical systems including Apache, Tomcat application server and other
- Be responsible for the design of our system architecture in our ongoing
effort to improve speed, reliability and performance of the company's web
- Oversee the management of the company's local office IT infrastructure.
- If you are so inclined (but not required) there will also be an
opportunity to enhance your development skills working on basic
functionality within our proprietary software (java and php based systems).
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced Linux system administration skills.
- Experience working with high availability systems (for example in a load
balanced or cluster environment).
- You should have an "I don't necessarily know the answer now but will
figure it out" kind of attitude.
- Any experience working with Oracle will be advantageous.
- Have completed tertiary studies.
- Have at least 5 years relevant working experience.
- Start date ASAP
- Position is based in Rivonia, Gauteng.
- Own reliable transport is required.
- Salary is negotiable and will commensurate with your experience and the
nature of the role.
- Only individuals meeting these requirements should apply.
More information about the clug-work