[CLUG-tech] Internet check

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Thu Mar 22 16:35:33 SAST 2007

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 03:59:26PM +0200, Chris Gippert wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am running Fedora Core 4. What tools are available to check:
> a) My internet connection speed,

Try one of the websites that lets you measure your speed:
eg. www.numion.com/

> b) Network activity (which machine is connected and where is it
> connected to)

Depends on your network - do you keep firewall logs? How is your network
constructed - do you have a real dedicated firewall?

> c) Something to check the amount of data downloaded per day. I have
> no idea how much of my monthly allocation I am using.

Visit this site to get your stats (presuming you are using a saix isp,
etc etc:
http://userstats.adsl.saix.net

Cheers,
Jonathan