[CLUG-tech] Change Hardware RAID setup

Darryn Levitt darryn at cks.co.za
Thu Mar 22 10:54:51 SAST 2007

Hi all.

On one of my servers I have a RAID-1 (hardware) setup with 2 X SCSI drives.
I want to replace the two existing HDD with larger ones, buy want to
keep the installation the same.  ie.  I basically want to clone the
current setup to the bigger HDD.  I would also then want to expand the
last partition to the full capacity of the new drives.  Is this
possible, and if it is, would you have any recommendations or advice on
how I should do it?

TIA

Darryn
Confidentiality Notice:
The above message and all attachments may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copy or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, facsimile or telephone and thereafter delete the material from your computer. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the view of the entity transmitting the message.  Computerkit Retail Systems (Pty) Ltd hereby distances itself from and accepts no liability in respect of the unauthorised use of its e-mail facility or the sending of e-mail communications for other than strictly business purposes