[CLUG-tech] Recursive FTP Delete

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Tue Mar 20 09:44:05 SAST 2007

Hallo Charl,

> I know some FTP servers support server-side recursive deletes but I
> need to do a client-side for other servers. Are there any command-line
> FTP clients that can handle this for me? My favourite FTP client is
> NCFTP so far but it doesn't seem to support that.

Try lftp.  I have just tested it and "rm -rf <directory>" did the job.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                 Galatians 2:20