[CLUG-tech] More file/PDF printing questions.

Aubrey Kloppers systems at biblesociety.co.za
Wed Mar 7 08:44:02 SAST 2007

Hi Henderik/Stephan

I am sorry I need to explain better:

FACT: I have tested a2ps and ps2pdf and they work (Individually)

QUESTION1: How do I print to FILE? - I only have one LPD printer installed.

QUESTION2: How do I PIPE the OUTPUT from a PRINTER to ps2pdf?

QUESTION3: Can this be done all in one?

QUESTION4: When using the CUPS interface (localhost:631) I do not see a PDF
printer to install.

Cheers and sorry for the stupid q's, but I can't for the life of me figure
out how to do a lp to a file.

My setup:

SUSE10.1

Cheers

Aubrey

> I need to print _command-line-style_ and create a PDF file from the

> output. How do I do this?

<snip>

$ a2ps | ps2pdf

You'll of course need a2ps and the ghostscript libraries.

Cheers

Stephan

<snip>

 First question: what is the current output format?

You could always generate some tex/latex and pump it through pdftex/pdflatex

--

Hendrik Visage

<snip>

www.bybelgenootskap.co.za / www.biblesociety.co.za

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.