[CLUG-tech] Perl Package missing how to install

Adrian Moisey adrian at changeover.za.net
Thu Dec 20 15:17:28 SAST 2007

Hi

> Starting XAMS authdaemon: Can't locate Unix/Syslog.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this, it would be nice if its a debian
> package too, that I can do apt-get install package_that_is_missing.

Try one of these:

$ apt-cache search syslog | grep perl
libgetargs-long-perl - Perl module to parse long function arguments
liblogger-syslog-perl - Logger::Syslog -- an simple wrapper over
Sys::Syslog for Perl
libnet-server-perl - An extensible, general perl server engine
libparse-syslog-perl - Perl module for parsing syslog entries
libsys-syslog-perl - Perl interface to the UNIX syslog(3) calls
libunix-syslog-perl - Perl interface to the UNIX syslog(3) calls

(this is on a gutsy machine, but that should set you on your way)