[CLUG-tech] strange FTP problems (WAS qemu: openbsd apps hang)

Brendon Gleeson brendon at gleesonprop.co.za
Wed Dec 12 15:39:01 SAST 2007

Brendon Gleeson wrote:
> I am using Ubuntu Gutsy, does anybody else have this problem?

I have discovered a seriously strange thing, FTP connections seem to be to
blame... wget on my pc (ubuntu) also seems to hang when the download
completes, wget just doesn't terminate, I have to do a ctrl-c. Ive had this
problem for ages but actually forgot about it, It doesn't happen when I try
download small (<1mb) files though? I switched the openbsd PKG_PATH on the
virtual machine to an HTTP mirror and everything is working perfectly. Does
anybody have any idea what the problem is?

This is very annoying as when I want to wget an entire directory, wget will
hang after the first file so I have to kill the process and download the
next one manually each time...