[CLUG-tech] qemu: openbsd apps hang

Brendon Gleeson brendon at gleesonprop.co.za
Wed Dec 12 12:10:31 SAST 2007

Hi all,

I have been trying to tinker with openbsd using Qemu, I keep ending up with
the same problem. After installing the system I run pkg_add -i -v (vim
etc..), package add downloads the first dependency package and then just
hangs forever at 99%??? i have just tried OpenBSD 4.1 now as I thought it
may just be a problem with 4.2, but I get the same issue.

I get this hanging after every command, eg. ftp or wget just hangs when
it's done downloading and doesn't exit, I have to CTRL-C every time?

Should I try an even older version of OpenBSD?