[CLUG-tech] Using sqid and ntlmaps together

Rainer M Krug Rainer.linux at krugs.de
Fri Dec 7 11:07:41 SAST 2007

Hi

I amnaged to get ntlmaps working for LM authentication. I also managed
to setup squid for access so that all my programs can point to
localhost:3128 as proxy and I just have to change the squid
configuration and another upstream proxy is used (thanks Jeremy! The
script is brilliant!).

My problem is now that if I specify localhost:5865 as the parent cache
to do the NTLM authentication, it doesn't work - i.e. squid seems to
ignore the setting. Any idea why? or is there another way that I can do it?

Rainer

The script I am using:
#!/bin/bash

E_NOARGS=65

if [ -z "$1" ]
then
     echo "Usage: `basename $0` <proxy>"
     exit $E_NOARGS
fi

case "$1" in
     "uct") proxy="cache_peer localhost parent 5865 0 no-query
proxy-only default";;
     "sun") proxy="cache_peer proxy.sun.ac.za parent 3128 0 no-query
proxy-only default";;
     "home") proxy="#";;
     *) proxy="$1";;
esac

conftemplate="/etc/squid/squid.conf.template"
conf="/etc/squid/squid.conf"

echo "switching proxy to $proxy"

sed "s/::PROXY::/$proxy/g" < $conftemplate > $conf
/etc/init.d/squid reload