[CLUG-tech] postgres won't start after power failure

Brendon Gleeson brendon at gleesonprop.co.za
Mon Feb 20 15:57:28 SAST 2006

After THE power failure earlier this morning and yesterday, I noticed the Postmaster
service had not started after booting..

I was hoping to do some devel today but I seriously can't get
postmaster running? I have had an init script which has worked flawlessly
through the last years' blackouts but not today.

The debug info has shows nothing, I ran:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -d 5 -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i -S as user
postgres, but NOTHING happens, no debug info or anything? just does NOTHING?

Anyone have any ideas? (Slackware 9.1, Postgresql 7.4.9 custom compiled)