[CLUG-tech] swopping motherboards & re-installing drivers

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Mon Feb 13 12:28:53 SAST 2006

Stefano Rivera wrote:
> Hi Zoltan (2006.02.13_11:27:40_+0200)
>
>>Hmmm... - I wondered if it was that APIC (not aCpI) controller bug, but
>>I cannot turn APIC off on this motherboard (I can on the MSI).
>

> In that case try passing "noapic" to the kernel.
>
> SR

good call - I forgot about that one.

I reckon my secondary problem is the network as it does hang with the
last message to do with the 3COM (2nd) network card (on 686-smp and 386
kernel, with noapic)
But why that should hang the system I do not know, unless we are back to
the APIC and "bad" interrupt sharing. (I'll pull that card out tomorrow)

I'll fiddle more tomorrow - thanks,

Geograph (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 31255
Tokai 7966