[CLUG-tech] Opening PHP files

Andre Truter linux at trusoft.co.za
Fri Feb 10 11:12:22 SAST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 09:41 +0200, Dewet Diener wrote:
> Some people wrote:
> > As someone sugested:  php <script name>
> >
> I'm sorry, but that's just terrible advice.  *NEVER* run a script unless
> you know what it does.  If you can't even inspect it casually, be even
> more wary.  Running a binary file as as a script can lead to, umm,
> interesting results.

Well, I agree that you should never run anything if you do not know
where it comes from and what it does.

In this case I understood that the php file is part of trusted web site,
and that it is actually a php file.

But, if you are not sure, then using file is your first step.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.co.za

~ I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly ~