[CLUG-tech] Re: hooking on linux?

Izak Burger izakb at miranetworks.net
Mon Feb 6 10:23:17 SAST 2006

Stephan February wrote:
> If you want to write authentication software for Linux you'd have to
> start with writing a PAM module.
> This is actually not that difficult, and there and lots of sample code
> and tutorials on how to do this.

As everyone said already, you want to write a pam module to handle the
authentication.  "hooking" is actually a lot easier in most unixes
because of PAM, it allows you to very easily delegate authentication to
your own code.  There is also a good howto, just type "linux pam" into
google to find the linux pam page, then find the module writers
documentation.

Deep down, pam uses simple .so files that are loaded dynamically, so it
is actually quite similar.

regards,
Izak
--
You are the intended recipient of this message.  If you do not like
that, simply delete this message.  I only speak for myself.  If you want