[CLUG-tech] local apt-get repositories

Izak Burger izakb at miranetworks.net
Fri Feb 3 14:53:25 SAST 2006

Jason Norwood-Young wrote:
> A sneaky and easy way it to delete the archives directories on two of
> the boxen and then NFS the dir on the other boxen. That way, if any of
> the machines install, the .deb is available for all machines. Just make
> sure they all have write permissions to that dir (unless you *always*
> install on one machine *first*). It also saves tons of space on the
> other two machines.

Do remember to squash_root if you use this setup, otherwise root cannot
write to the remote filesystem.  Unless of course you always do updates
on the "server" first.

--
You are the intended recipient of this message.  If you do not like
that, simply delete this message.  I only speak for myself.  If you want