[CLUG-tech] local apt-get repositories

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Feb 3 13:47:23 SAST 2006

Mark Ter Morshuizen wrote:
> On Friday 03 February 2006 12:44, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
>
>>I now have 3 breezy boxes and want to have their apt get repositories
>>prioritised so that the other 2 boxes first check the main box before
>>downloading from the internet repositories.
>

> One option would be to rsync the 3 cache directories so that the downloads
> appear on all of the machines.
I thought about this, but I suppose my real question should have been
"If I copy everything into the /var/cache/apt/archives directories on
all machines, would that be good enough?"

>>I don't really want to set up an apt-proxy
>

> Any particular reason why not?

I stopped reading after I saw the word "mirror" - I don't really want to
download the whole world and it's brother.
(maybe I should have read on....)

Geograph (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 31255
Tokai 7966