[CLUG-tech] djbdns problems

Brink JG <13877720 at sun.ac.za> 13877720 at sun.ac.za
Thu Feb 2 11:24:42 SAST 2006

Firstly, a big thank you to Neil for his help.

I decided to try a clean install of djbdns on a newly installed SuSE 10 box.  Logging works, but the dnscache logfile contains 129 entries which look like this:
@4000000043e1ce4238c63f94 dnscache: fatal: unable to bind UDP socket: address not available

# netstat -a -ee -v -u -p
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       User       Inode      PID/Program name
udp        0      0 *:filenet-tms           *:*                                 root       12462      5478/mdnsd
udp        0      0 *:bootpc                *:*                                 root       10823      5211/dhcpcd
udp        0      0 *:mdns                  *:*                                 root       12466      5478/mdnsd
udp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                                 root       12484      5481/portmap
udp        0      0 *:ipp                   *:*                                 root       15695      5563/cupsd

Are all processes listening on UDP ports listed here, or do I need to change the options to netstat?

Thanks,
Jacobus