[CLUG-tech] Google Error

Dewet Diener clug-tech at dewet.org
Wed Feb 1 14:21:18 SAST 2006

Moses Marimo wrote:
> I suddenly started getting the error below when ever I  tried to google.
> I am on SusE 10 using firefox. Any idea why Google think I am spyware? I
> know I don't have any spyware!

AFAIR, these are countermeasures they brought in to try and stop the
recent spate of virus-related queries they've had.

 From http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3927963.stm :

"Net security firms reported that the havoc had been caused by a new
variant of the MyDoom virus.

The new MyDoom variant searches infected machines for e-mail addresses,
like other viruses before it.

But it also uses search engines to look for even more addresses in
online forums and webpages."