[CLUG-tech] djbdns problems

Neil Muller neil at dip.sun.ac.za
Wed Feb 1 12:59:29 SAST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:41:01PM +0200, Jacobus Brink wrote:
> >You did run dnscache-conf, right? What account did you use for the
> >logging account? dnscache-conf should be called as
> >dnscache-conf <account to run dnscache as> <logging account> /dir
> dnscache-conf Gdnscache Gdnslog /var/service/dnscache 10.2.0.13

The account's Gdnscache and Gdnslog do exist, right?

Then the log directory should exist under /var/service/dnscache

Since you're using /etc/dnscache, I assume that
/var/service/dnscache and /etc/dnscache are symlinked together?

> >svscan should be logging information somewhere (where is very system
> >setup specific, /var/log/svscan using the debian daemontools packages),
> >is there any information there?
> No.  It appears that no logging is done.

You do have multilog isntalled? It should be part of the daemontools
package.

Neil Muller  email: neil at dip.sun.ac.za

Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Stellenbosch