[CLUG-tech] djbdns problems

Neil Muller neil at dip.sun.ac.za
Wed Feb 1 12:39:29 SAST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:17:47PM +0200, Jacobus Brink wrote:
> >>./log is not there.  How do I enable it?
> >

> >In a typical daemontools setup, this is created when you run
> >dnscache-conf. It's possible to get dnscache to log via syslog, but not
> >is certainly not the standard method. How are you starting dnscache?
>
> svscanboot runs on startup
> #ps aux |grep -i  dnscache
> root     10935  0.0  0.1  2528  284 ?        S    12:15   0:00 supervise
> dnscache

You did run dnscache-conf, right? What account did you use for the
logging account? dnscache-conf should be called as
dnscache-conf <account to run dnscache as> <logging account> /dir

If you stop and restart dnscache, do you get any
interesting messages?

svscan should be logging information somewhere (where is very system
setup specific, /var/log/svscan using the debian daemontools packages),
is there any information there?

Neil Muller  email: neil at dip.sun.ac.za

Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Stellenbosch