[CLUG-tech] converting a WinCE remote terminal to Linux

John Ward johnw at icg.edu.za
Wed Feb 1 10:53:40 SAST 2006

Thanks Stephan

-----Original Message-----
From: clug-tech-bounces at clug.org.za
[mailto:clug-tech-bounces at clug.org.za] On Behalf Of Stephan February
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:26 PM
To: Technical Questions and Answers
Subject: Re: [CLUG-tech] converting a WinCE remote terminal to Linux

Hi there

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 14:23 +0200, John Ward wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have an Exilis type windblows ce based terminal here running a NSC
> Geode chipset. Options in bios say cyrix 6x86 enabled.

A while back (2002 'ish) our LUG got hold of some Disk-on-chip based
systems from a scrapped telecoms project. Lots of fun was had hacking
these boxes, and I'm still running a firewall off one in my office.

Check out the following link:

http://twiki.lugs.org.sg/Nanocubes/WebIndex

Specifically IIRC there was a key-combo hack on bootup to circumvent
booting off the DOC.

You might need to do extensive digging in the above Wiki to find any
usefull info. HTH.

Cheers
Stephan

To (un)subscribe: