[CLUG-tech] PPPoE troubles

Raoul Snyman raoul at gnuworld.co.za
Wed Feb 1 09:58:30 SAST 2006

Chris Nash wrote:
> I am struggling with PPPoE linking my ADSL to my wireless network
> through ipcop. Suspect that the firewall is blocking it.

Your firewall usually contains rules for routing traffic. My firewall
routes traffic from within my network to outside, but won't let anything
from outside in.

So I would have to bet that the routing rules are where the problem
lies, not the pppoe. Your firewall needs to route traffic from anywhere
in your network to the outside world. Check that the rules are correct,
and that the wireless network is also set up correctly.

--
Raoul Snyman
Web Developer, Gnu World
E-mail: raoul at gnuworld.co.za