[CLUG-tech] pppd listening on port 80?

Stefano Rivera stefano at clug.org.za
Tue Apr 5 16:43:03 SAST 2005

Hi Stefano (2005.04.03_20:40:38_+0200)
> # netstat -lntp | grep 80
> tcp 0  0  0.0.0.0:80  0.0.0.0:*  LISTEN  32737/pppd
>
> It seems to have taken over several apache2 file descriptors...
>
> I'm suspection dodgy memory - I'll go out to visit it with a memtest CD
> ASAP this week.

Half way solved. The pppd was started by a web interface, and the
apache2 segfaulted after the pon command was spawned.

So far so good, but now I need to
A: Stop apache segfaulting. I'm working on this...
B: Put a wrapper around pon that drops these extra file discriptors and
   sockets...

My C knowledge is patchy and pretty primitive - can anyone throw me a
bone?

SR

| Stefano Rivera                     http://rivera.za.net |
|  H: +27 21 794 7937    () ASCII Ribbon Campaign:        |
|  C: +27 72 419 8559    /\ Say "No!" to HTML email.      |