[CLUG-tech] NE2000 Clone

Mark Ter Morshuizen mark at itbox.co.za
Sun Nov 24 08:42:53 SAST 2002

On Saturday 23 November 2002 10:06 pm, Russell Tiedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a NE2000 clone NIC in a 486 box that works perfectly with
> Debian 2.2r5 but when I install Debian 3.0 with the same settings,
> the card is not found, or the ne module/s do not load.
>
> Any ideas,
>
> Russell

Hi Russell,
Maybe PnP got set up differently. Most cards (if you can actually identify
them) have a DOS based setup utility which allows you to disable PnP and set
IO and IRQ manually.
With cards costing so little nowadays you might be better off replacing it
with something just to get the setup utility, drivers, etc.

Cheers,
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
mark at itbox.co.za
www.itbox.co.za
082 542 6484

The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system

and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
--unknown