[CLUG-tech] interesting puzzle

Bretton Vine bretton at hivemind.net
Sat Nov 16 21:02:31 SAST 2002

Hendrik Visage wrote:
>  Wireless LAN have a problem that it's also radio waves that could be
> located by the the same expensive vehicle, and it's quite limited in it's range

Seems to be a given that close proximity to a transmitter is required.
The trick is to make that close, but not so close that you get fingered
with the transmitter.

Pre-recorded is not an option if you want breaking news. Or instant
mobilisation in response to threat.

Here's a tangent puzzle though. What's the best method to mobilise a
group of people over a wide area using monitored technologies such as
sms or email? And what's the best way to do it so it's distributed and
tracking the origin point is practically impossible (as is preventing
the spread of info)

Formula to work on is something like follows:
A contacts B and C. B contacts D and E, C contacts F and G, and so on.
Any link only has 2-3 reference points but the network as a whole is
invisible.

If anyone is interesting in discussing some real solutions to such
theoretical problems please liase with me via gpg. Key attached.

It's a sad day when the main in the street has to resort to military
technologies in order to protect his livelihood. We're quite oblivious
to the state of affairs in some of our neighbouring localities. Amazing
that we could be just as oblivious to what's going on in our own
country. (Inteception and monitoring act (update) currently awaiting
signature and final approval)

And of course no progress on the registration of crypto providers yet.
Just repeated acts of buffoonery.

--
Bretton Vine
landline: +27.21.761.8580

|13/11/2002->16/11/2002 :: Cape Town, South Africa   |
|17/11/2002->01/12/2002 :: Johannesburg, South Africa|
|02/12/2002->           :: Cape Town, South Africa   |