[CLUG-tech] NTP servers in ZA

Mark Ter Morshuizen mark at itbox.co.za
Sat Nov 16 18:19:37 SAST 2002

On Saturday 16 November 2002 05:38 pm, Russell Tiedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 486 box that reboots to the year 1994, and I would like to
> keep the date current with/via the NTP protocol. I have so far been
> unable to find a local NTP server, tho there are a large number of
> articles on their setup and use.
>
> Can anyone help please.
>
> Is there another way to keep this box's date current?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Russell

Hi Russell,

I use 143.128.82.200 (which is the University on Port Natal If I remember
correctly) and my ISP's server. You can use any server and you should have a
minimum of 2. Servers do not have to be in SA or in the same time zone. Linux
boxen know what time zone they are in if set up correctly.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1.html has a list of servers you can
use

Cheers,

--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
mark at itbox.co.za
www.itbox.co.za
082 542 6484

The irony is that Bill Gates claims to be making a stable operating system
and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
--unknown