[CLUG-tech] Roaming profiles on WinXP SP1 and samba....

Price,Neil Neil.Price at arcusgibb.co.za
Fri Nov 15 14:55:31 SAST 2002

Most likely problem is rights to the profile directory and share. Also check
under My computer->properties->profiles and see if the profile is local or
roaming. If roaming, check the event log after logout and login.

I assume you are running domain security and the samba server is a pdc?

After 4 years of tearing our hair out with roaming profiles in an NT/2000
environment, we decided to trash them, and life definitely improved.