[CLUG-tech] Hard disk tools

Jeffrey Mutonho Jeffrey.Mutonho at cpt.softwarefutures.com
Wed Nov 13 10:44:15 SAST 2002

>What tools can I use to "scandisk" my scsi drive<
fsck will prolly do the trick for you...
You gonna have to UNMOUNT...(the drive ;^)) first and then run fsck on the drive

$fsck /dev/sda (assuming its the first SCSI drive)

You will be asked if you want fsck to fix errors.
To let fsck fix the errors automatically , run it with the -a option
Hope that helps...

Jeff Tichafambanani Munyaradzi Mutonho
Software Developer
SOFTWARE FUTURES