[CLUG-tech] Modem answering software

Louis Cordier lcordier at dsp.sun.ac.za
Mon Nov 4 14:27:26 SAST 2002

> Answer the call after x number of rings,
> Listen and decide whether the incoming call is:
>
> voice: - play an outgoing message & record an incoming message to HD

Main question here is, can you do that with a modem ? Don't you
like need a voice-board. For example, DiaLogic. (now owned by Intel)

http://www.intel.com/network/csp/products/index_vp.htm
http://www.linuxtelephony.org/

Prolly do a setup like:
[telkom]->[voice board]->[modem]->[optional telephone]

> fax - receive a fax
> ftp request - log in to an ftp service on my box
> telnet - supply a telnet login

I think hylafax + getty is the way for these three...

http://www.hylafax.org/
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/1997-12/msg00113.html
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/1997-12/msg00114.html

Louis Cordier,  c:+27721472305, h:+27218865145, w:+27218084315
lcordier at dsp.sun.ac.za,    http://www.dsp.sun.ac.za/~lcordier/
University of Stellenbosch - Electric & Electronic Engineering