[clug-noise] These photo scamsters...

Tue Sep 19 17:27:30 SAST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 16:48 +0200, Shawn Jooste wrote:
> On 9/19/06, Hendrik Visage <hvjunk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What was the longest anybody have yet kept one or more of them dangling without
> > losing any money?? I mean these "nice" looking ladies that want to
> > meet you and then
> > they don't have the air fare, got stuck in hospital because of being
> > bitten by a dog
> > etc.
> >
> >  Anybody yet got some money out of them??
>
> What the hell are you on about?

There has been a scam going for while where (seeming) lovely Russian
ladies send you a mail and ask if you want to correspond with them.
They include a picture of a very nice looking women.
They make it clear that they would like to get out of Russia and they
want to visit you because you are such a nice person.

They feed you with interesting, but sad information about their lives
and send more sexy photos.

Then they eventually ask you to send them money for a airplane ticket so
that they can come and visit you.
They keep on milking you for more money by telling you that they need to
pay busfare, airport taxes and whatever they can think of.

It is basically a modified Nigerian scam, but at least you get a few
photos of some nice looking ladies.
I guess they are all just pictures of models.

And the writer is probably a man.  :-)

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter at gmail.com | http://www.trusoft.co.za

~ My Imaginary Friend Thinks You Have Mental Problems. ~