[CLUG-chat] Suggestions/advice for donating old desktop hardware in Cape Town?

Mark Henderson mark at kaluma.com
Fri Aug 21 13:04:32 SAST 2009

Hi cluggers,

We have 4 or 5 old desktops we'd rather donate (or give away) than
throw away. Are there any organisations that refurb machines for
schools or charities using Linux that we could give them to?

The machines would need to be collected (from Greenpoint) and would be
donated "as is" with ZERO support. They don't all have monitors and
we'll most likely remove the hard drives for privacy purposes.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mark