[CLUG-chat] CLUG Panel Discussion - 2009-08-11 - What can CLUG do for you?

Julian Bailey clubnyala at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 18 21:42:39 SAST 2009

Thanks to the CLUG committee for working on these minutes and for Jonathan collating them.

When reading the minutes the thing that occurred to me was that what would be helpful would be to have some kind of hierarchical learning linux class - e.g you start with hardware, move to installing linux, then on to services (e.g apache, squid) and programming.  The idea being to build one session on the previous one.  Something along the lines of the talk given by the lady from (I think) Holland who had started a women's one of these.  Perhaps the LPI materials could be used to as a basis.

It's one thing reading a book, web page, man page, it's another thing doing it for real.

Regards,
Julian