[CLUG-chat] Buying a laptop

Dirk Lucas dirk.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:07:36 SAST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM, William Walter Kinghorn <
williamk at dut.ac.za> wrote:

> CPUs, you can have different CPU speeds on some laptops, obviously with a
> charge if required
>
> RAM, you can have different amount of ram with some laptops, obviously with
> a charge if required
>
> OS, only one, and if you don't like it too bad
>
> William

William  & all

When looking for a laptop, I even had a look at the Mecer machines. The
specs looked brilliant at a very good price. I went to the Mustek offices in
Cape Town and their guy showed it to me. Everything is customisable, ram,
cpu, harddrive, graphics card the works. When asked about the OS, the poor
guy looked like he was shocked. His response: "No, we have an agreement with
Microsoft, only Microsoft operating systems are sold with this machines, but
you can choose between Vista a,b or c"

Regards
Dirk