[CLUG-chat] Buying a laptop

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Tue Aug 18 10:42:33 SAST 2009

Hi All,

registration, road worthy, licensing, paying for plastics bags, rates, vat : Government related stuff that you are required to do by law

MS windows on every Laptop : not  Government related stuff that you are required to do by law

This is something forced on to you by MS and related partners

Tyres - some manufacturers will allow you to change to other makes, obviously with a charge if required

CPUs, you can have different CPU speeds on some laptops, obviously with a charge if required

RAM, you can have different amount of ram with some laptops, obviously with a charge if required

OS, only one, and if you don't like it too bad

William