[CLUG-chat] Buying a laptop

Mark Widdicombe markwiddicombe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:16:56 SAST 2009

2009/8/17 Dirk Lucas <dirk.lucas at gmail.com>

>  In terms of buying a laptop, there does not seem to be much chance of
> buying one without MS, at least not any decent one. I also tried high and
> low, but nothing.  The only one that I could find was a Dell Vostro with a
> bigger pricetag than most for the privelage of not paying MS.

I did find this, which is more or less what I'm looking for:
http://www.comx.co.za/Buy-Notebooks-Laptops-M760S-DC-LINUX-Proline-M760S-Notebook-lp-27084.php

I had a low-end proline before which worked well with Ubuntu, but I left it
on a train so I don't know whether or not it is still working.  This one has
much more grunt, so I'll probably get it.