[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Sat Aug 8 10:56:05 SAST 2009

Hi Henri,

I would like to do something like this for a weekend, but more for Users, Local - Durban and surrounding areas ( Pietermaritzburg as well, and 1 or two other towns ), and free

Possibly do it 2 times a year. at a school

This is 1 thing on my wish list, try create a Linux School Club, and possibly at least 1 Linux Class Lab at the school when we hold the Conference/Workshop/whatever.

This is one of the things that CLUG can do, possibly try get donated PCs, then when you have enough, create computer clubs at a Schools, then use those club members to help with making the Linux Class Lab. Try get Businesses involved, call the Lab something like "Bus Name Linux Lab" and "Bus Name Linux School Computer Club"

I don't stay in Cape Town, so these are only my thoughts, when I finally get my act together, I will start doing these things, promise

William