[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Sat Aug 8 10:34:53 SAST 2009

Hi Brent,

I agree with you about a "Linux Games Lan Day". You can start early, say 8:00, for the first 2 to 3 hrs hold the install fest ( which includes installing a Distro and installing of the games being played for that day ), yo must make sure that the helpers all know how to install the games on their particular Distro. will also need the MS Windows versions of the games, as then the MS Windows peoples can join, and see how well they work on Linux.

Then after the install fest, start the LAN. The people who already have experience in their Distro and are not helping with the install fest can join from here

You will still need more hand helping after, because they will need to be shown that Linux has more than games, I am not talking about servers,

If you see in the doc "Ubuntu-GNU-Linux-in-a-Month-of-Saturdays" that I sent in an earlier e-mail, the first 3 Saturdays are not Server Software, and the other doc is the first 2 Saturdays .

William