[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Fri Aug 7 13:39:34 SAST 2009

Hi All,

Personally, I liked the one and only Install fest that I attended here in Durban a few years back, I was a helper not a Newbie, but I want something more, like my email that I sent with 2 attachements, unfortunatly it has to be moderated before being sent, as it is bigger that 40k

An install fest is where you bring your own PC/Laptop or whatever, and be helped installing your preferred Distro on it and hand out CDs and phamplets, That is if you or we have the right install CDs/DVDs, and also if we have a person who can help you with the preferred Distro. Beer is not a requirement, but some people seem to require it. After the fest some of the helpers sometimes go some ware for food and drinks.

The CDs that are given are generally Linux related, but can be OSS apps that run on MS Windows ( Some people don't want to run Linux, but want OSS apps )

William