[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

Dirk Lucas dirk.lucas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 11:29:53 SAST 2009

Jonathan

This type of condacending response from you is exactly what I am reffering
to. It might be incomprehensible to you that anybody can struggle with
playing DVD's for the first time on Ubuntu. This is not due to a lack of
intelligence, but due to a lack of knowledge and experience. In the circles
that I am in, most people have only heard about Linux in the passing by.
That does not make them stupid or ignorant, just uninformed.

You also make the assumption that I was given the answer reffered to and
that I asked the question on how to play DVD's. That is not what I said or
implied. I was trying to make a point that everybody interested in Linux is
not super-users and that some more tollerance from the seasoned users would
not be a bad thing.

I am also not suggesting an installfest, I have not been to one, do not know
what it is and can only think that it is something like a beerfest.  What I
am suggesting is that something to get new users or interested potential new
users more familiar with the intricacies (like the
10-seconds-single-google-search) would be much more valuable than an
installfest.

Best regards
Dirk