[CLUG-chat] [CLUG-announce] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

Stefano Rivera stefano at clug.org.za
Wed Aug 5 17:20:36 SAST 2009

Hi Brent (2009.08.05_16:38:00_+0200)
> It was suggested, that the venue was too far etc, any of the advanced
> users care for a show and tell, at your work maybe onsite for a project
> your involved with.

I think more could be got out of CLUG events if people besides the current
committee were involved in making things happen. We do what we know and enjoy,
at times that suit us, etc. Inbred old-boy's club. But CLUG is more diverse
than that.

If someone has a great idea, you don't have to get us to approve it and run it.
CLUG will happily support anyone who wants to do anything that promotes Linux,
Open Source, Free Software, etc.

The best people to explain things to newbies are relative-newbies. They can
understand the problems newbies face (and don't run weird software like many
the wierd long-haired old-timers).
Personally, I know that when my mother asks me questions about OpenOffice, I
don't have a clue, because I never use that kind of software.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/