[CLUG-chat] [CLUG-announce] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 14:19:21 SAST 2009

Something I thought we could try having in the talk slot, in addition
to traditional talks, are panels -- get three or four people to have a
discussion on a topic, and answer questions from the audience.  Some
sort of moderator is apparently advisable if there are lots of people.

Part of the problem with the CLUG talks may be that they're always in
the same venue and at the same time, which is not going to be
convenient for everyone in Cape Town.  How about encouraging people
who live far away from UCT to organise talks in their own areas, at a
time which is most convenient to them, and give a reportback on the
list?

Trixar_za suggested on #ubuntu-za that LUGs could have sub-LUGs for
smaller geographical areas.  I don't know how much hierarchy we really
need, but it would be nice if people not in what has become the "core"
CLUG group could run events which are also recognised as an official
part of CLUG.

But I'm one of those people who sometimes does show up for talks;
they're in the right place and at a reasonably good time for me.  I
think what would be really useful is input from people who never show
up for talks, and what they would like to see change.

--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face."