[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

marc marc at welz.org.za
Wed Aug 5 11:24:29 SAST 2009

> We have a lot of members on our mailing lists, and there are a lot of Linux
> users in Cape Town. Is there anything we can do for our members that would
> actually be useful?

Just to follow up on that ... we used to run installfests
and have a stand at the computer faire - and we are not
sure how relevant that is, modern distributions install
without too much handholding, while the computer faire
is very expensive to be at and doesn't seem to be that
useful anymore.

Other clug related stuff include the mailing lists,
the talks, the IRC channel, park.clug.org.za. But what
else would people be interested in, and where would
you be prepared to help ?

regards

marc