[CLUG-chat] Upcoming CLUG Talk: What can CLUG do for you?

Stefano Rivera stefano at clug.org.za
Wed Aug 5 10:50:04 SAST 2009

Date:      11 August 2009
Topic:     Panel Discussion
Time:      6:30 pm
Venue:     UCT Chemical Engineering Seminar Room

For more information (including directions to the venue), see the CLUG Website:
http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/Upcoming_Talks
http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/CLUG_Meetings

Excuse the silly subject, CLUG is approaching it's 10th birthday, and we are
worried that it's getting less and less relevant.

By and large, our talks in the last few years have been given by the same small
pool of speakers, to the same small group of attendees. We are more of a group
of friends getting together for dinner than a LUG supporting our local
community.

We have a lot of members on our mailing lists, and there are a lot of Linux
users in Cape Town. Is there anything we can do for our members that would
actually be useful?

While there's nothing I hate more that soul-searching "What are we here for?"
meetings, I think it's time for CLUG to try and work out if there's anything we
could improve on.

So, the next CLUG meeting will be panel discussion where we will try and
discuss some of this. And I'd to start the discussion here on clug-chat.
If the same regular talk attendees are the only people who come to the
discussion, we may not get anywhere, so if you have any thoughts, please come
and tell us them.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera