[CLUG-chat] Aug 1 & 16- Global VOIP Free SW HW Culture meeting, BerkeleyTIP, For Forwarding

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Aug 1 11:09:50 SAST 2009

Interested in joining the friendly global Free SW HW & Culture
communities in a global Voice meeting?  You´re invited. :)

You can join from your home, or better: get a local meeting together.
Tip: a college WiFi cafe could be a great local meeting place.  Make
sure you have a VOIP headset!

For all details, see the website (I´m leaving out many sublinks to make
this email smaller).
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip

Start by joining #berkeleytip on IRC freenode.net.  We´ll help you get
your VOIP connection working. :)

=====  MARK YOUR CALENDARS: 1st Sat & 3rd Sunday each month. August 1 &
16.
10A - 6P Pacific US time (+7H GMT, IIRC)
= 1P-9P Eastern US time = 5P - 1A GMT ?

=====  MEETING TOPICS FOR AUGUST:
1) Whatever _you_ want to work on - Email the BTIPGlobal list &
let us know what your interests are.
2) Our VOIP conference server, using Asterisk.
3) Planning for year 2.

=====  JOIN FOR THE START OF YEAR 2 GLOBAL MEETINGs:
We had a great first year.  We had local attendees from around the San
Francisco Bay Area & Northern California.  High School, College, Grad
Students, & working & retired people attended.