[CLUG-chat] Two ADSL Accounts ...

Russell Tiedt rtiedt at rusty.org.za
Sat Nov 1 22:22:14 SAST 2008

Jonathan Groll wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 09:34:34PM +0200, Russell Tiedt wrote:
>
>> I am now trying to decide how best to make use of  or implement this
>> second account, while leaving the children free to play with the local
>> bandwidth. But not giving them access to the second account ...
>>

> Have you considered a squid proxy?

Yes, but the firewall box is a PII-333 with only 98M RAM, 6 Gig HDD ...
, using Squid, would require a reasonably stiff upgrade, which I cannot
currently afford ... , been a few bad months lately, broke into my car,
stole R10 000.00 worth of tools and my spare tyre, the car had to have
the CV joints redone, had to get new eye glasses, car/trailer lisences
come due (can one move these lisences due date, to somewhere after
March?)  etc. etc. <sigh>  Dunno what I did to upset Murphy, but such is
life ... :-)

Thanks,

Russell