[CLUG-chat] Which phone (was: Wireless on Phone)

Stephen stephen at tredbear.com
Sat Mar 24 11:01:31 SAST 2007

This begs another question which, from a quick search, appears not to
have been discussed since the "geek phone" discussion in 2005 (possibly
because it's way off-topic?). And yes, I'm (over) due for an upgrade.

I'm thinking along the lines of something that's HSDPA capable (do they
even exist yet?) so I can adequately browse the web while out of the
office but also wireless-ly connect to my ADSL router and network while
in the office to make use of VOIP. My reason (or objective) is that,
instead of trying to maintain diary and contact lists on separate
devices, I rather use a web based system (Google?) so if I need to
check my diary or record an appointment I can just connect and do it
immediately rather than trying to maintain this information on separate
devises and doing the sync-dance-tear-your-hair-out thing.

What's available and does the battery life make this viable?

Any suggestions welcome.