[CLUG-chat] joomla or drupal

Ryan Tracey ryan.tracey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:07:15 SAST 2007

On 07/03/07, Paul Scott <pscott at uwc.ac.za> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 13:00 +0200, Ryan Tracey wrote:
>
> Just my 2c here. Ignore it - I don't care, but I kinda *have* to say
> something...
>
> Why Drupal or Joomla? Why not even *try* our stuff? Its local, well
> coded, secure, good, active mailing lists, easy to get into, usability
> tested, etc etc etc.

If it's any consolation I am downloading Chisimba now.  Hey, let's see
how Nginx handles proxying for YACMS.

> It's your choice, but at least consider the choices, and make an
> informed decision.

You are correct. Apart from the obligatory learn-by-Google I did also
head over to cmsmatrix and compare the CMSs I recognised with phpNuke.
I don't have an eidetic memory so that limited the pool of choices a
bit.  Then I happened to pick up the November 2006 edition of Linux
Journal and read about Planetizen's great experience with Drupal which
pretty much sold me on that; not being all that CMS experienced, an
article in LJ has some influence.  Then, of course, there was this
thread... ;-)

Cheers,
Ryan