[CLUG-chat] Fwd: Filesystem that has the best repair tools...

Colin Alston karnaugh at karnaugh.za.net
Fri Nov 24 16:00:39 SAST 2006

Jeremy Thurgood wrote:
> The article I read is at http://blogs.sun.com/roch/entry/zfs_and_oltp --
> it doesn't seem to specify the database used (although I may have missed
> that on the brief scan I just gave it) and it pretty clearly shows that
> ZFS lags UFS by about 25%, even fully tuned.  I can't find the
> read/write reference, but that's a fairly trivial consequence of CoW
> unless you do some heavy indexing magic, which is beyond my area of
> competence at the moment.

Fair enough.

--
Colin Alston ~ http://www.karnaugh.za.net/

"There have been forums where, out of some misguided sense of
hyper-courtesy, participants are banned from posting any fault-finding
with another's posts, and told 'Don't say anything if you're unwilling
to help the user.' The resulting departure of clueful participants to
elsewhere causes them to descend into meaningless babble and become
useless as technical forums." - Eric Steven Raymond