[CLUG-chat] Ballmer: Linux users owe Microsoft

David wizzardx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 13:13:16 SAST 2006

On 11/17/06, Jeff Mutonho <ejbengine at gmail.com> wrote:
> But isn't GPL3 suppose to sort this out?

I believe that GPL3 is being revised specifically for this sort of thing.

GPL2 also covers it (you may not attach additional licensing when you
distribute, or something to that effect), but Microsoft and Novell are
trying to play word games to get around this requirement ("covenant
not to sue"). I believe the lawyers over at FSF are working out the
details. Should be an interesting court case in the near future :-)

David