[CLUG-chat] Moerse unimpressed :-)

Price,Neil nprice at gibb.co.za
Tue Jun 27 14:05:52 SAST 2006

On Tue, June 27, 2006 12:45 pm, Brendon Gleeson said:

> Could I have done a dist-upgrade from the Desktop-cd? I hope i didnt
> download another 650mb for nothing. *chair and window look at each other
> nervously*

Apparently not. There is an article on the Ubuntu wiki that says this is a
no-no. It calls the install/live CD "broken". You should use the alternate
CD only (or on-line update, I'm still impressed that actually worked but
then I mainly work with Windows where every second security update fubars
something).